Re: PF photographs on 10-27-07

At 8:45 AM -0400 10/27/07, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated OCT 27 2007. Authors
with work now on display at:  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

           Rene M Hales - A Walk on Cannons Beach, Oregon, USA

It's Cannon Beach. The image is beautiful, just a tiny bit dark for the kind of time when folks come out and stroll on the beach. But the image is simply lovely.

There's a town on the other side of that horizon that I dream of living in someday. Called Falcon Cove.

           Trevor Cunningham - Idul Fitri Pause

Very confusing. Cannot tell anything about what is going on here from the image. But it's colorful! The angle of the foot appears very stressful and the foot looks very ill.

           Jim Snarski - Point Arena Light

Must be fun to be up there. As an aside, every time I think of Point Arena I recall the time I went there and found it closed and ferociously protected. You were fortunate to have such clear weather for the shot.

           Dan Mitchell - End of the line

Very curious. I wonder how old the cabinet is that it's still there in the wall. It seems to be some sort of oven or stove? It seems like a modern object for walls that ancient.

           Emily L. Ferguson - Waiting for rain

Should have sharpened the jpeg.  The original is sharp.

           Marilyn Dalrymple -

I like the palette, and the filter treatment. The arrangement is very graceful but sort of solid in a Rembrandt-ish dutch style. But I think I would have tamed the flowers a bit. They're really strong.

           Christopher Strevens - Lines and Lines and Lines

Interesting, a bit on the harsh edge, not quite a gentle as charcoal might do in real life. Maybe some diffusing would soften it a bit so it doesn't look quite so computer generated.

           Roy Miller - Bird Of Prey

Boy, that would be a great image if the words weren't there. Maybe it would even be OK to have them if they were much smaller and at the bottom. But they ruin the presentation for me.

It's been really nice to see regular contribution to the gallery lately. I hope we can keep it going!
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx