From: Stephen Ylvisaker [mailto:greyfell@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2007 12:06 PM
To: 'List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students'
Subject: Leaf shutters

When shooting using a camera with a leaf shutter, do any of you have a way to counteract the leaf shutter effect? I mean, it's certainly not what I would call vignetting, but it is very apparent the center of the picture is the brightest point. And, I know it could be taken care of in the "printing" process by burning the center down a little bit. But, is there an "in-camera" method to counteract the effect?

Stephen
greyfell@xxxxxxxxxxx
"...decide...whether or not the goal is worth the risks involved. If it is, stop worrying....",
and "Worry retards reaction and makes clear-cut decisions impossible." - Amelia Earhart, aviatrix.