Re: Leaf shutters

Sorry, Don, but Andy is right. Look at it this way,- the instant a leaf shutter starts to open, the entire film surface is receiving light just like a small lens opening (f 64 or f 90) will allow a full format coverage of light. Like Andy said, the light forming the image has to travel farther to get to the edges of the film and the result of this "falloff" yields less exposure. A cure for Steve's problem could be found with use of a "center" filter. Center filters are ND filters that have a graduated ND center spot,with more density in the center and clear at the edges.    Lukens