Re: Leaf shutters

None of my leaf shutters cause light falloff from the center (though some of the lenses do at maximum aperture). I don't know how a leaf shutter could do this unless it's improperly placed within the lens - which I would think unlikely. All lenses have some (small) light falloff away from the center. Many large format lenses, when used near their maximum of their stated coverage circle, have some falloff toward the edges at maximum aperture which diminishes quickly as you stop down. This is not due to the shutter, but due to the lens design itself and the manner in which the manufacturers specify the coverage or coverage circle. Check if the coverage claimed by the manufacturer is specified at some stop smaller than the maximum aperture.

Just my observation...

"I don't mind if you don't like my manners.
I don't like them myself. They're pretty bad.
I grieve over them long winter evenings."
  -- Philip Marlowe (Humphrey Bogart)