comments on PF photographs on 10-27-07

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated OCT 27 2007.
Authors with work now on display at:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

Rene M Hales - A Walk on Cannons Beach, Oregon, USA

To me, this is almost like a scene out of a sci-fi movie, especially with all the figures in the fog/mist.  I would like to have seen more of the fog/mist to make it even intriguing.  If one looks really hard in the background you can just make out more figures wandering around--ready to pop out and take over the world?  Even though I am not much on black and white, I do like this one.  I have a feeling if I could see it 'for real' I would like it even more.

Trevor Cunningham

Idul Fitri Pause

Ok, I just can't see anything to this one other then a foot--no special message, sorry.

Jim Snarski

Point Arena Light

Interesting with all the shadows, the blue of the ocean, to me it's the drop offs.  this photo makes me wonder about all the earth's activities involved in creating this scene.  I really like it.

Dan Mitchell

End of the line

great for the thoughts behind it, and now I am wondering about the rest of the cottage, outside, other rooms, where is it?  Any other houses remains around it?  I like the thoughts behind it.

Emily L. Ferguson

Waiting for the Rain.

Interesting in that I've never seen cranberries up close (not even in the distance) only in bags at the store.  It's rather pretty in the bright colors and gives me a sense of the approaching holidays.

Marilyn Dalrymple

I like this one.  Photoshopping can sometimes surprise in it's effects and this one looks like a painting to me.  I like the darker non-distracting background behind the largest of the blossoms--rather contrasty.  And the differences in the textures of the items in the picture, make it appealing to me.

Chris Strevens

Lines and Lines and Lines

Interesting in that it looks like a drawing of sorts.  Another Photoshopped but it's different, unique.

Roy H. Miller

Bird of Prey

Cute, I like that the important part of the picture (the eyes) are totally in focus.  I don't know if it's that it was resized for being online, but I wish all of it was as clear as the eyes.

Thanks to all that submitted photos for comments.  Nothing I've said was meant to offend or hurt, and I hope none of it was taken as such.  Linda B.  PS  maybe I will get brave again and submit another one for comments from everyone.  :)

See what's new at http://www.aol.com