Re: irfanview update

: Hi Karl - thanks so much for the run down on this
: program.  And you think it sharpens up the images
: better than photoshop?! I have an overwhelming number
: of images I'm dealing with right now - sounds like
: this  program will really help - earlier today I had
: sent the link to another friend and they stated it
: looked really good and were going to try it out.
: Thanks so much.
: Barbara

a bit more..

here's a page where you can compare (at the bottom) resizing by different
programs:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bvdwolf/main/foto/down_sample/example1.htm

a fellow users comments
http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00DVrG
(note that a histogram tool is present in this latest version)

a little tutorial
http://www.cornercottage.com.au/computing/irfanview/IrfanView-class-2.htm
(it starts here:
http://www.cornercottage.com.au/computing/irfanview/IrfanView-class-1.htm )