Re: PF exhibit on 13 OCT 07

First, thanks for all the reviews of my pic, I appreciate that.

On Oct 13, 2007, at 08:07 , ADavidhazy wrote:

Roy Miller - Doc Watson

A bit soft, but nicely framed. Would love to see a bit more of the
boy leaning
against the stage behind the singer, because I can't tell if he's
entranced or bored.
However, this does keep the emphasis on the singer, which is probably
the point
anyway.

Rene M Hales - Horse Dreaming

Interesting look on the face and eyes. The IR white foliage seems a
bit jarring to me
though. Is the contrast between friendly horse and otherworldly
background intended?

D.L. Shipman - Looking out my back door

Another IR I suppose, but this one is without much contrast. I'm not
sure what to
look at in this one, and all the abundance high values is a bit
overpowering.

Robert Read -

I'm not sure if all the lines converging on her head is good or bad.
It certainly
directs the eye to the subject, but maybe just a bit too much. That's
my daughter, by
the way, and I suspect you'll be seeing more of her here in the
future...

Christopher Strevens - Blue Ball

I like how my eye is almost tricked into seeing blue ball resting on
the bottom, and
the starts wondering why dish and black ball don't fall. I wonder if
a more uniform
background would enhance that effect. I've been experimenting with
still life lately,
and this inspires a whole different direction for me to try.

Linda Buttstead - Braidentown Train Depot

Great depth and deep focus, but I'd love to see more of the depot and
a bit less
hedge and grass, but that doesn't look easy. Maybe try again in the
winter when the
grass is gone?

Marilyn Dalrymple -

Cool textures. It also almost looks like a fist, at least to me.
Either way, it's
spooky.

Emily L. Ferguson - Guardian Fence

I would have titled this one "Children of the Corn." :)

cheers,
robert