Re: Pumpkins and corn

We have all of it here in Germany too Emily. You can even buy your pumpkins at the roadside stands and leave your money in a little box (trusting souls, aren't they?). Halloween wasn't as popular back when I first moved here 10 years ago, but the kids even dress up now and go trick or treating. The best place to party on Halloween is in Darmstadt at Burg Frankenstein on the 31st.

The pumpkin seeds are a staple in some of the whole wheat breads and rolls in our area - nothing beats it! The oil, I'd guess, is a bit more popular here.

Not surprisingly, a number of things that I always thought were American only have been here for years or have come since I moved here. Not too long ago, at a medieval fair, I even found snow cones. Wish I had had my camera with to take my husbands photo when he first tried one! :-)

Guess they figure if you can make a buck on it, why not try for an Euro?

--
Sherie Haunzwickl Natures Images Photography - http://www.NaturesImagesPhotography.com