Invitation to SpongeFish

SpongeFish [ www.spongefish.com ] is a new social site for sharing knowledge and experience in all media. We are especially focused on photography and video. I'm inviting you to take a look at SpongeFish and post your own work or involve your students and colleagues. SpongeFish might make a good class project, since students find it so immediately gratifying to see their work published and also share their experiences and techniques.

As you can see on our site, students from one class we worked with used photos as a form of conversation, since SpongeFish let them comment and communicate with their classmates - and others around the world who are coming to our site.

SpongeFish's philosophy is that all knowledge and self-expression is highly personal, so we focus on the creation of personal profiles and communication. Everyone gets to tag anyone's work, and our broadcast tools enable you to post your work to Digg, Reddit, Furl, Facebook, MySpace, Del.ici.ous, and other favorite channels that students appreciate.

Just to introduce myself personally, I am David Porush, former Exec. Dir for Learning Environments, the office responsible for new media and online learning initiatives for all 64 campuses of the SUNY system and formerly a professor of electronic media at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. I welcome you to contact me directly with any questions or comments.

David Porush, Co-founder and Chairman
SpongeFish
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx