Re: PF exhibit on Oct 06, 2007

In a message dated 10/6/2007 9:26:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Smokey The Cat
Why so small? Andy lets us use 700 pixels now!
        I just uploaded 18 picture to my gallery on the OCAG (Orange County Artists Guild) and there requirements are 5", 360 pixel in maximum dimension. I didn't think to resize it which I can do since the jpeg for these picture is saved at near maximum non compression and is currently at 107 kb in size.  Some of the others pictures, all having a 360 pixel maximum dimension saved at near maximum non compression range in final compressed file size from 56 kb to 475 kb. It will be interesting to see what enlarging them will do then adding more compression to get them down to Andy's requirement of 75-100 KB file size.
        I did resize Smokey The Cat  and both look the same at 100% but of course the 360 pixel picture is smaller. When the 360 pixel image is enlarges to the same screen size (200%x)   as the 700 pixel picture (100%x) there is more pixalization especially along the lines in the image.

Roy