Regarding "Northbound", for those interested.

Hi everyone.

The photograph I submitted this week was done quite hastily compared to how
I usually roll.

Donnie, the motorcyclist in the photo, wanted this done for a Yamaha FZ6
owners' group calendar contest, and the deadline was the following day
(hence my decision to use digital). Time was in short supply, and he agreed
to meet with me at a spot on US-1 south of Palm Bay. In the meantime, I was
clearing out the back of the Jeep Grand Cherokee Cathy and I own; I clamped
the rear window in the open position, set up a tripod, and crouched in the
small space manning the camera. It was almost sunset when Donnie arrived; I
gave him a quick tutorial on the hand signals I would use to direct him
while we were moving (shift left/right, speed up, slow down, hold position),
then we headed north, toward Melbourne. Cathy was instructed to drive as
straight a line as she could up the road (and did a great job); I set the
camera at 1/15 sec, and altered the aperture settings as the light fell,
shooting 41 frames before getting into a decidedly ugly part of town and
calling it quits. From the time the idea to shoot was brought up to the time
the 41st frame was clicked: just a little over 2 hours.

Natalie, our 4-month-old daughter, slept through the whole thing in the back
seat.

Yours very truly,
Darin Heinz
Melbourne, Florida USA