Gallery comments 29-09-07

29 sep 2007 kl. 14.39 skrev ADavidhazy:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated SEP 29 2007. Authors with work now on display at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/ gallery.html include:

            Darin Heinz - Northbound
At first it looks like a snap shot, but the careful composition makes me suspect considerable planning beforehand. The white line exactly reaching the corner, the position of the cyclist w/respect to the trees and water, and other details are just too perfect to be coincidences; good work! Even the white boat hull that might have been a distraction now works as an arrow pointing to the fellow´s head. Top of the pack this week, with Marilyn´s a close second, IMHO.

            Jim Snarski - Poised
Do they really catch flounders? Suppose they could reach the bottom if the water is shallow enough, and it should be in Bodega Bay. They are not too uncommon in Sweden; very graceful birds!

            Valery Firsov - Lady with a poodle
Fun picture; reminds me of Elliott Erwitt´s dog shots. Somewhat harsh lighting, but such images don´t wait for a cloud...

            Christopher Strevens - Farnborough railway station
Like it a lot; looks like a Fox Talbot image. Isn´t Farnborough where there´s a big air show?

            Marilyn Dalrymple - Fan on Tile
Absolutely beautiful! The softness and delicacy contrasted with the string and the small "fan fob" works extremely well. Fun, but possibly unintentional detail: the thumbnail has a different orientation than the image it leads to. I kind of like that, too!