From: Formyrotts@xxxxxxx
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 7:45 am
Subject: need suggestions

Hi all,
I know this is probably a dumb question but here goes.

1) I have a chance to do a free lance job for a local paper and it may lead to a part time photography job with them.  The thing is, it involves taking pictures of group of real estate agents at an Octoberfest for 2 hours mid-day at a church--ok, they might be relaxed a bit, but not like at an evening or weekend event.

2) I am not overly fond of taking 'people' pictures, I much prefer scenery but if I want this job, then I HAVE to do people.  I have seen photos in today's paper of another group at a special event and they are all in either groups of 2 or 3, facing the camera--to me that is boring boring boring--I intend to call the paper today and find out if that is what they want, if so, they shall get it.

3) Now comes the big problem for me, I am absolutely HORRIBLE at names, and I need hints on how anyone on the list gets names of people while in groups - I know ask, but hints on putting the pics/names together.

Any kind of help would be appreciated--I think the group will be about 50 people.  Thanks in advance for any and all help.  (Am I being to paranoid about perfection here?)  Linda

See what's new at http://www.aol.com