From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Darin Heinz
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 2:39 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: PF exhibit 09-15-07

Hi everyone.

Overall, I'm pleased with this week's Gallery. I apologize for getting this
out so late in the week. Without further ado, here we go!

----- ------- -----
"Carnation Montage" by Rene M Hales

Rene, I can appreciate the triptych effect; the order of, and spacing
between, images is probably ideal. The use of ragged edges gives it a film
feel, but I think the level of haloing evident in the center image should be

mimicked in the other two (they're a little too sharp for the feel I think
you're going for). The water line in the center image looks a bit too high,
and it makes the arrangement just a bit too symmetrical. Besides these minor

issues, everything else looks good; exposure appears to be right down the
line, and the overall image is very well done.