Re: PF exhibit 09-15-07

At 2:38 PM -0400 9/21/07, Darin Heinz wrote:
I think you handled the lighting and exposure expertly, given the challenging nature of the photo. I would have liked to see more depth-of-field, as the unfocused bits of the fly-trap are distracting. Had you opted for even less depth-of-field, there's a chance that may have worked, but not nearly as well as stopping down.

Darin, thanks for the review....it's the only one this week and well thought out....you are spot on about stopping down, however, I really had no choice for this image....I used what's called Digital Macro on my new Canon SD850 (which I'm just beginning to learn a litle about) and it decides all the parameters of the shot....I wasn't thrilled with the out-of-focus bits either but I thought the rest of the image merited posting...BTW, the lighting was backlight from a small Eddie Bauer flashlight propped up on some books and the exposure was 1/30 of a second at f/2.8 (from the EXIF data) hand held...I guess the IS really works on this baby....

Jim
Baja Oregon