Θέμα: Re: OT: In search of a File Synchronization App

guys I was unable to use the microsoft app. Installation required downloading a file for the MS website, and with no internet connection at home it is not doable

BUT Syncback is WONDERFUL! GLORIOUS! all i would ever think of then some more. I found especially convenient the frouping of tasks....

many thanks all, kostas

karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
Kostas Papakotas wrote:
> Greetings all (and especially Karl who is the list "expert" on this)
> I would appreciate you suggestion for an app to synchronize an
> external with my main drive where I keep my backups.

Laurenz Bobke
writes:

: I'm using syncback and am quite satisfied with it.
: So far it has been very reliable and much faster than copying files via
: windows.
: It's also freeware and allows for customised copying / synchronisation
: profiles specifying exactly which files on one drive should overwrite
which
: files on the other drive.

that's my preferred program too :)

Nice to be able to specify exactly which files by filtype to include or
exclude, whether to overwrite older/newer files or to make renumbered
copies etc

one thing I did for a business I worked for was to set different schedules
for different days across a fortnight so at any point they could restore
either a days backup or a single file! it also works quietly in the
background with no fuss once it's set up.

of all the software i've installed in business operations, this one proved
the most popular :)

karl

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...

kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
HAM Radio: SW2MKL - Echolink node: SV2BZQ-R / R4 Edessa / 121496

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!