Re: This year's fair

Our State Fair is influenced by our local camera club (including some if the typical club strangeness).

However, when my boy of 4 years old entered his image which he shot with my old Nikon and printed in our darkroom, he was awarded second place because the judge would not believe that a 4 year old could do that.  The Competition manager tried to tell him that he had seen him print it, but he was having none of it.

I mentioned to my son that it is a bit of a badge of honor that he was so good they couldn't bring themselves to believe that one could create the work.  He smiled and said, "OK Dad".

Of course now at the seasoned age of 11 he has, as many children do, strayed from the path and is now using digital cameras.  Yes, I know some of you share my pain, but at least his is still creating work. :)

--
Robert Hall
www.RobertHall.com