Re: This year's fair

One of my first displays of photographs was at our county fair in Hays, Kansas back when I was in 5th or 6th grade. One of the catagories we could submit under was Family Albums.

As an active 4H member I was allowed to participate. I gathered up images I'd taken of my family, spent many evenings organizing them in binder-type albums mounting them on black pages with black lick-and-stick paper photo corners and entered two in the fair.

Both won blue ribbons.

Somewhere along the line those blue ribbons have disappeared but I'd give my left pinky toe to have them back.

Lea