From: Robert Earnest [mailto:robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 11:56 PM
To: 'List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students'
Subject: Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 4530

Is anyone getting good results from drum scanning negatives? I have avoided it because I figured that while it works perfectly that grain=highlights=white (nothing) on paper scanning a negative would mean highlights=thick gobs of grain in a scanned negative.

Do you not get grain in the highlights from drum scanning negatives? I have a ton of tri-X that I would love to digitize at the negative stage.

T I A for your advice,