From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Elgenper
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2007 8:34 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: PF exhibit on AUG 11, 07

OK, finally I´m coming around my upgrading chaos; let´s try some
comments this week...

11 aug 2007 kl. 15.09 skrev ADavidhazy:

> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated AUG 11
> 2007. Authors
> with work now on display at:  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/
> gallery.html include:
>

>             Linda Buttstead - GREY
Excellent!  Subdued greyscale with a single colour accent.  Good
composition and an interesting skyline.  The horizon is just a little
askew (we used to have a Forum member who measured the exact angle of
such horizons - Qkano, we miss you!); I´m not unduly worried.

>             Emily L. Ferguson - Trip to Maine
A Paul Strand in colour...  Lovely!  That copyright symbol is a bit
disturbing, although most of us know the sad realities that make them
necessary on the web.

>             Guy Glorieux - Sic transit gloria mundy...
If Emily did a Paul Strand, you did an Ernst Haas...  (of course I´m
not implying either of you were trying to emulate someone´s work).  I
can appreciate this one being much weaker without the face, and the
extreme corner placement adds lots of tension.  Possibly I would have
turned the saturation up a bit, but then again, the weather-worn look
isn´t out of place either.

>             Paul Weyn - Brother and Sister
A great shot: everything works: facial expressions, body postures,
dress, and the overall composition with that distant window (?)
adding depth.  Too bad the hightlights are so burned-out (1600 film
in harsh midday sun isn´t an easy thing to handle).  Considering the
qualities of this image, it might pay to get a truly professional 16-
bit drum scan from the neg; it may get more detail out of these dark
parts of the negative.

>             Valery Firsov - The First Achievements
Nice grouping, dynamic composition (dare I say you did a
Rodchenko....?).  I´m just wondering how much digital photography is
doing to get kids interested in photography, with the instant
feedback of seeing the results right away?

>             Marilyn Dalrymple -
Oops!  Photoshop at large...  Normally, I´m not too keen of such
images, but this one has a good composition, nice light, and
harmonious colours, so it does work for me.  But then I´m sure the
original would have, too....

> From: Agnes and the PF gallery staff looked after by Andy who is in
> pretty
> good shape everything considered and for his age. But getting
> better. TKS!

That´s great to hear!  Keep on, Andy!

And now, I have to find something to submit for next week (missed
this one, again...).

Per Öfverbeck
http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates"