Re: PF exhibit on AUG 11, 07

OK, finally I´m coming around my upgrading chaos; let´s try some comments this week...

11 aug 2007 kl. 15.09 skrev ADavidhazy:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated AUG 11 2007. Authors with work now on display at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/ gallery.html include:

            Linda Buttstead - GREY
Excellent! Subdued greyscale with a single colour accent. Good composition and an interesting skyline. The horizon is just a little askew (we used to have a Forum member who measured the exact angle of such horizons - Qkano, we miss you!); I´m not unduly worried.

            Emily L. Ferguson - Trip to Maine
A Paul Strand in colour... Lovely! That copyright symbol is a bit disturbing, although most of us know the sad realities that make them necessary on the web.

            Guy Glorieux - Sic transit gloria mundy...
If Emily did a Paul Strand, you did an Ernst Haas... (of course I´m not implying either of you were trying to emulate someone´s work). I can appreciate this one being much weaker without the face, and the extreme corner placement adds lots of tension. Possibly I would have turned the saturation up a bit, but then again, the weather-worn look isn´t out of place either.

            Paul Weyn - Brother and Sister
A great shot: everything works: facial expressions, body postures, dress, and the overall composition with that distant window (?) adding depth. Too bad the hightlights are so burned-out (1600 film in harsh midday sun isn´t an easy thing to handle). Considering the qualities of this image, it might pay to get a truly professional 16- bit drum scan from the neg; it may get more detail out of these dark parts of the negative.

            Valery Firsov - The First Achievements
Nice grouping, dynamic composition (dare I say you did a Rodchenko....?). I´m just wondering how much digital photography is doing to get kids interested in photography, with the instant feedback of seeing the results right away?

            Marilyn Dalrymple -
Oops! Photoshop at large... Normally, I´m not too keen of such images, but this one has a good composition, nice light, and harmonious colours, so it does work for me. But then I´m sure the original would have, too....

From: Agnes and the PF gallery staff looked after by Andy who is in pretty good shape everything considered and for his age. But getting better. TKS!

That´s great to hear!  Keep on, Andy!

And now, I have to find something to submit for next week (missed this one, again...).

Per Öfverbeck
http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates"