Re: New IR Film

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Telesca"

> Since when can you do "Easy daylight loading. No black bag needed" with
> IR film that has a higher ISO that HIE?

always!  As long as it has reduced spectral sensitivity and an antihalation layer( that Kodak neglected to add to their film ;)

btw, has anyone ever replaced their pressure plate with a high polished chrome plate?  It's rather neat to get that same halation flare exhibited by Kodak's IR, but with a normal spectral film.

I'd also add that if you wanted to get Kodak's now defunct film to behave like a normal film (no flaring) you could either tape some black, 120 film backing to the pressure plate to eliminate the flare, or pinch the pressure plate out of a Canon T90 - it was the only pressure plate I found of all the cameras which didn't look like a mirror under IR light.  The old black painted sheet film doubledarks also kept the film in check better the modern black anodized ones ( black anodizing is transparent to IR )

karl