Re: Book Recommendations

This may seem facetious, but read the instruction book, and print out the manual that came on a CD-ROM with the camera.  After your friend is comfortable with how to control the camera, any book that discusses basic photographic composition will work. I usually go to Borders or Barnes & Nobel and read though what they have on the shelves, then order the best one from Amazon.

Bill