Re: [SPAM] A more outrageous question

Almost all of the worlds best photos are expertly exposed. Further, almost all freeze moving subjects or allow them to blur as is most appropriate for the work. In addition, focus and appropriate deph of field are apparent.

Is there something about photographers that prevents them from walking and chewing gum at the same time?

Regards,
Bob Blakely
"A mother takes twenty years to make a man of her boy,
and another woman makes a fool of him in twenty minutes."
- Robert Frost

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Roberts" <droberts@xxxxxxxxxx>

And, to address the first part of your question, which is not the same as the last about the rule of thirds, I think that technical knowledge can absolutely impair the production of a good photograph. We have all seen technically proficient photographers who don't make good photos. They may think they do, and by their criteria they are, but they are lacking in any artistic sensitivity or thought. As a matter of fact, we may all be guilty of that when we shoot something that doesn't really inspire us or shoot for the sake of shooting. I know that I am guilty of that sometimes. We fall back on exposure and latitude and composition etc. without really thinking about content.
Don