Re: [SPAM] criticism and teaching

David wrote:

> Actually, I thought the Avanti was a quite wonderful looking vehicle. Way
> ahead of its time and unfortunately too late to save Studebaker. It's
> designer was one Raymond Loewy, considered to be one of the most creative
> designers. Beauty still is in the eye of the beholder.

I selected the Avanti delibrately as an example as I know a lot of people love it, a lot hate it - it looks a hybrid of classic American styling and European styling,, that to my eye didn't work.  Alfa Romeo Montreal on the other hand is a car styled specifically for the American market which I think looked superb but wasn't a favourite of the Italians, and the 1971 Dodge Charger is (again to my eye) is an examble of American motoring beauty.

And here I am talking of car aesthetics and I didn't once mention a certain AMC  :)