Another top three Teaching tecnhniques

I have enjoyed all the responses and appreciate all the insight.  Switching it around a bit, instead of things that helped you learn.  Why not do a top three of things the teachers out there do that they find consistently effective for the majority of people.

Just think there could be a lot to be learned from these.  What are you trying to teach?  How you do it.  Why it works.    I'm sure we can all pick up something to try with our next class and those that don't teach have some new ideas to ponder.

Mark