Re: Top 3 things that taught you the most about photography

Apart from the odd photo with my father's Kodak Brownie I started taking photos with a camera I bought from my first Christmas tips (gratuities) as a newspaper delivery boy. Some time later I got into D&P at home.

The first lesson that I learned that stayed with me was about the relationship between developer temp and development time - doubling the temperature definitely does not half the time.

Two SLR's and many years later one of my daughters passed me her point and shoot camera to take a photo of a bride, since I had the better vantage point, I was unimpressed by the minute image in the viewfinder, she was even less impressed by my close-ups of my right ear. Howevere simple the camera - check how it works.

Then the digital years came around - what joy - I can hide all my mistakes before anyone else sees them!

Michael