RE: Top 3 things that taught you the most about photography

Mark,

For me technical knowledge (the majority of responses so far) seems less important than art - given only three top choices.  Though I suppose those who included books in their top three must mean more than just technical books.

Three ideas to consider before anything else to make photography worth doing:

(1) A photograph isn’t a reliable record of objective reality.
(2) The viewer is the subject of the photograph.
(3) A photograph is an object as well as an image. At this point considerations of craft come into play.

AZ

Build a 120/35mm Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.
Now an E-book.