Re: EV to foot-candles - possible?

So on a cloudy bright day an exposure for ASA 125  f/11 at 1/125 sec yield 125 foot candles per square foot.

In a message dated 6/29/2007 5:44:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, elgenper@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Andy, unless I misunderstand you, it sounds as if you´re looking for
Ansel Adams´ famous "Exposure Formula".  Here it is, directly from
his book "The Negative":  First compute the f/stop value
corresponding to the square root of the film speed in ASA (e.g., for
ASA 125, you get f/11).

Then, the luminance (in candles per square foot) of a surface read by
a correctly calibrated exposure meter is just the reciprocal of the
shutter speed for the above f/stop and film speed.

I haven´t tried it in practice, but these are the words direct from
the holy scriptures of St. Ansel himself, so they must be true...

Good luck!

Per

See what's free at AOL.com.