Re: [SPAM] Gallery

Marilyn Dalrymple wrote:
www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html <http://www.rit.edu/%7Eandpph/gallery.html> _Don Roberts _Blackware Courtyard: This is a difficult subject to tackle and the blackware in contrast with the red shrubs is interesting. It's almost overwhelming, though, to have so much information included in the photograph (the blackware, the fence, the red shrubs, the kiln(?)) If I could photograph this subject, I'd cut out all the peripheral information and shoot directly into the blackware. I'd also try to get the sun at a lower angle so the shadows and highlights were not so direct. An interesting subject with lots of potential, Don.
Marilyn
Marilyn, your reaction was much like Emily's. And my response is much the same. The pile alone didn't yield anything I liked. The contrast from dark to bright and hard to soft was what make the scene for me. And, as a tourist, I had no control over time of day that I was there or the lighting.
Don