Re: Refurbished Laptops

It's funny, actually.  Warranties are wonderful if
you're in a place with a decent parcel service and
such.  Cairo is iffy at best.  I'm moving to Jakarta
in August and have heard, and anticipate, a similar
structure and instability to services that go with
warranties.  HP is likely the most reliable in that
sense considering they have offices and repair
services  almost globally.  However, everyone I've met
whose had an HP laptop are dissappointed in the long
run.  I've also found their construction to be a
little on the flimsy side of the spectrum.  I
currently have a Fujitsu Lifebook and the thing is
practically bulletproof.  I've also heard Toshiba
makes a sturdy and reliable product.  I liked the
reply regarding quality control possibly being better
on refurbs.  I would take that with more reassurance
from a quality company.  This has been helpful thus
far.  Thanks!

Trevor

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.  The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer