OT: Refurbished Laptops

I was wondering if anyone here has experience and an
opinion about the purchase of refurbished laptops.  In
the  process of changing geographic location and
picking up a couple new toys.  I've noticed quite a
market on the Internet for refurbished puters.  My
suspicious side insists they're cursed lemons and will
always be so.  The wallet says, "Hey, these guys
receive more detailed attention than their mass
produced brethren...AND they're cheaper!"  I've seen
some pretty tastey deals.  Thoughts?

Trevor

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.  The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer