Θέμα: Somewhat off topic I think

well I can offer you limited help on thius....

I have experience with the US patent office which makes ALL patents vailable for downoading. So if this patent was filed in the US *TOO* you are in luck.
See the search functionwhich is similar to both sites:
www.uspto.gov
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/

the bad thing is that patents that old are searchable by the basic data only, since they are archived in scanned format.

Of course the best way is to access the German or the EU patent office. With the german patent number it should be easy. So start there
http://www.dpma.de/index.htm

http://babelfish.altavista.com/ is your freind

also:
European patent organization - esp@cenet
- world-wide search among other things in English-language summaries (free)
- search in patent documents of the member states (free)

BEST of LUCk, kostas

James Schenken <jds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
I'm trying to track down the original patent for the film cassette
used in the pre-M series style Leica cameras. My Leica reference
refers to them as
Film Magazine Model A thru Model D, the latest model before the M
series was released.

A similar cassette was available for Contax cameras as well as for
early model Canon and Nikon camera. The earliest reference in the
patent literature that I can find is a comment within a patent on a
film loading system patented by E. Leitz in 1940 but applied for in
Germany in 1935 ( patent #2205052 )which used the phrase "the film
cassette is of a well known construction ... " The cassette is not
shown in this patent.

It is functionally different from the Kodak patent for the 35mm film
cassette issued at about this time or a little earlier.

Hope this is not too far off topic.

Thanks,

James

James Schenken

No matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...

kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
HAM Radio: SW2MKL - Echolink node: SV2BZQ-R / R4 Edessa / 121496

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!