Somewhat off topic I think

I'm trying to track down the original patent for the film cassette used in the pre-M series style Leica cameras. My Leica reference refers to them as Film Magazine Model A thru Model D, the latest model before the M series was released.

A similar cassette was available for Contax cameras as well as for early model Canon and Nikon camera. The earliest reference in the patent literature that I can find is a comment within a patent on a film loading system patented by E. Leitz in 1940 but applied for in Germany in 1935 ( patent #2205052 )which used the phrase "the film cassette is of a well known construction ... " The cassette is not shown in this patent.

It is functionally different from the Kodak patent for the 35mm film cassette issued at about this time or a little earlier.

Hope this is not too far off topic.

Thanks,

James

James Schenken