Re: Single Tree notes

At 4:27 PM -0400 5/28/07, ADavidhazy wrote:
Personal observation: very good interpretations but many images had more than one tree in them and the instructor who gave this assignment to her students would have not been pleased by that! ;)

Oh dear.  Let's all be literal minded, hey?

Way last fall I submitted an image of a tree spread out with fading fall color and end of daylight highlights. Behind it was a phalanx of white pines, in the darkness.

I suppose that would have displeased said instructor, but my tree was in full bloom for a day or two this spring, while flowers against the phalanx of dark green white pines.

I think it would have been just as good as those cliché solo trees.

Besides, in Rochester on the eastern edge of the plains, one can find a single tree. Around here in New England it's a lot more difficult!
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx