Re: Single Tree notes

Don,

We all wondered about Herschel's contribution as well but decided not to question him trusting that the author knew better ... maybe we should have?

I think we will not add to this gallery but rather start a new theme. It seems that the "rules" did not explain the process clearly. "No deadline" in the instructions was meant to say that once a sufficient number of contributions was received the collection would be posted and if not enough were received by some date they would not be posted at all. But we were pleasantly surprised, eh?

We'll wait a bit and announce another theme in the future. Submitting 2-3 images may be a possibility but at this time we are not considering it.

Personal observation: very good interpretations but many images had more than one tree in them and the instructor who gave this assignment to her students would have not been pleased by that! ;)

Andy

Don Roberts wrote:

re: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery-tree/

Number of very good photos with a wide variety of approaches. I don't have time to comment on all right now but have a question or comment or two. Herschel, I can't find the tree. Did I miss correspondence that this was for regular gallery? J Michael Sullivan, you have the outstanding image of the gallery in my opinion. t is a coincidence that I was working on a shot done exactly the same way for this gallery but didn't get it done in time. It will go to the regular gallery. I like yours much better than mine.

Is this to be an ongoing exhibit that we can continue to contribute to or will this be taken down and a new themed gallery take its place? And, for future galleries, are we limited to one shot or can we submit a reasonable number, say 2 or 3?