Re: PF exhibit updated 05/12/07

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated May 12 2007. Authors with work now on display at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

               Robert G. Earnest -
With all due respect, what are you trying to show, here? Are you auditioning for product photography? Nothing new, a kind of brochure picture.

               Jim Snarski - Art Nouveau
Reminiscent of Man Ray. I would like to see a series or portfolio in fine silver prints.

               Per Ofverbeck -
There are sooo many aspects of orchids, and this choice is very pretty.

               Rene M Hales - Chimayo Courtyard
Too ordinary for my taste.

               Linda Buttstead
Living on the West Coast in the USA, California . . . we NEVER see snow at oceanside. I assume this is the ocean.

               Herschel Mair - Yellow spot
So?

               Russ Baker -
There was a distinct techinque in the 40's that, I think, you missed. Back light, no hair light, key light lower than back light was the standard 40's studio lighting. Sorry, Russ.

               Emily L. Ferguson - MIT
Perspective control could have made this a classic.

               Bob Sull - Vacation Home - Needs Work
Cute title. An old gold mine has some classic features and you have captured a nice introduction. More curiousity about the details is the asset to this pic.

               Howard Leigh - Mixed Tandoori
Too busy with the other things around the subject.

Enqueued for future updates of this exhibit are photographs by Eichhorn,

I simply have not seen much more than snapshots. Personally, I believe this is because of the ease with the digital cameras. When we have to take 20 minutes to set up a large format camera, as an extreme example, or fancy lighting sets . . . the pictures seem to have more thought that what's been on the gallery site these past weeks.

S. Shapiro