Re: PF exhibit updated 05/12/07

re http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html :

:                 Robert G. Earnest -

This is product photography at its finest, nice Robert :)

:                 Jim Snarski - Art Nouveau

Love the crane flies, unfortunately they're fragile and I see so many
dancing around our yard missing the odd leg, I tend to avoid photographing
them and capturing their disabilities for all to see.   There are a few
photos in the collection though of the rare perfect beast :)  I think I'd
like to see more of this particular subject, or possibly less, in this
composition - the wings as sharp as they are but the body less distinct.

:                 Per Ofverbeck -

An iris?  A bit dim in the center of the subject for my tastes but the
composition is interesting.  The delicate highlight to the right captures
my eye

:                 Rene M Hales - Chimayo Courtyard

Lensbabies are fun :)  While I'm a fan of muted tones I find this a bit too
muted in that the contrast is a little too flat

:                 Linda Buttstead

I love the sentiment you expressed, and it's something I try to convey to
students - photos mean different things to different people and for many
they are memory triggers.  If this triggered a memory for you then it's a
*perfect* photo

:                 Herschel Mair - Yellow spot

Not a fan of yellow spots.. nor leaves, but the road is impressive!

:                 Russ Baker -

Criticism - the shadow on the left side of the face (his left, our right)..
I really feel that for this to follow the classic theatre style the
keylight needs to be swung just a leetle bit further one way or another..
either darken that side of the face (leave the eye lit though!) or head
more toward butterfly lighting.

:                 Emily L. Ferguson - MIT

That's a pretty building!

:                 Bob Sull - Vacation Home - Needs Work

That's an ugly building..

:                 Howard Leigh - Mixed Tandoori

Not sure how you managed to cross the curves, but this strong magenta cast
when cleared heads green in the highlights while leaving magenta in the
shadows.  Manual white balance might have fixed this - and given the table
cloth was white, and the plate was white, you had enough their to get you
started.

Overall gallery impressions - not a lot of sharp this time around,
certainly room for improvement.  I tend to see more out-of-the-camera shots
that are sharper than this lot (exceptions present of course) but for those
twiddling post-shoot, look a little more at the sharpening algorithms
you're using or the method of sharpening and see if you can't try to get
things a little snappier