RE: Checking up on Andy

Well keep it up Andy, I'm looking forward to meeting you later this year
when you return to Seattle!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ADavidhazy
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 7:39 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Checking up on Andy

Dear Marilyn,

Thank you for asking but remember to keep on topic! HaHa!!

FYI, so far so good. I will spare you the details (which are really not all
that
bad) but I am back to "home turf" although still not back in school. I am
being
"monitored" on a weekly basis which should become every 2 weeks later and
then
every month and so on. I am taking immuno-suppressant pills and related
ones.
Only about 5-6 different kinds 2-4 times a day. I am told that things are as

good as can be expected. I am not qite sure what that means. I'd like to
back to
school full time but just cut back a little on on-site presence and do more
work
from home via the net. I hope they let me do this!

I have been doing a little writing (reformating well known aerial
photography
principles ... hopefully without major errors), and doing some pinhole
photography as for the WPPD. I put together a couple of booklets through
Lulu.com and am in two local goup exhibits and have my "Little Faces",
photographs on a shoestring, exhibit scheduled for exhibition at a
scientific
photography conference in Alaska in Sept. Next week I wil be in your
vicinity
(Lancaster) for a few days attending and speaking at a seminar on high speed

photography organized by the Visual Instrumentation Marketing Corp.

Also I am running a "course" for a couple of students "remotely" by
specifying
assignments, providing soem reading resourcs and encouraging individual
research
on the general topic of Nonconventonal Imaging Systems (like aerial, 3D
stereo,
photogapmmetry, IR and UV, shadowgraphs and schlieren, thermography, etc.).
All
done over email. Also been keeping busy with assembling a new trailer for my

13ft sailboat. I am supposd to stay out of the sun so am not sure why I am
spending time on my sailboat!

The other day I ran across a single tree out there i a field far away. I
decided
to photograph it with a 800mm telephoto lens and my Canon Rebel digital.
Noticed
that the tree could not be fitted into the frame. So I took three
side-by-side
columns of photographs each made up of 5 separate exposures. Since the
distance
to the tree was very large I thought that the small change in view from one
exposure to the next would really not matter if later I made an assembly.
Then I
worked at combining them. The resut was not all that bad. However, even
keeping
the exposure consant there were introduced slight tone changes among some of
the
frames. I guess this has to do with the fact that the exposures were
in-camera
processed to jpegs, no?

Tonight I will be taing my departmen's students out to dinner at a local
italian
restaurant. There will be about 20 of us going out. Should be fun but I have
remember to refain from excessive hugging and kissing and sit as removed
from
the "crowd" as  possible. Bummer!

Oh, yes ... then there is PhotoForum and Fotored ... ;)

cheers y'all!

andy