From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of karl shah-jenner
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 5:16 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: how green is your electronics maker

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Weyn"

: I got to be honest with you Karl, this article is a bit misleading. What
is
: being referred to here is the use of lead in electronics.

I know..

I had a huge issue with the phasing out of murcury batteries - which
coincided with the introduction of friendlier, safer NiCd's  (yeah right,
cadmium is SO safe - not)

and then there was the C-tick legislation/anti-pollution stuff that
crippled small electronics makers here in Oz

and.. and.. and..

I think it's funny that a Dell can be rated as enviro-friendly when it uses
the same gizzards as a mac.  Ho hum, whould I smile when I see the religion
of Environmentalism going head to head with the Mac/PC religious groups ?
;)