Re: Brief comments on PF exhibit photographs

I'll take all of Andy's remarks as a compliment!! But I'm not *quite* as hairy as the lion :)

H.

ADavidhazy wrote:

Howard Leigh - Self portrait - somewhat reminds me of the lighting scheme used by William Mortensen although quite a bit lighter than he would have printed the image. This photograph lacks a bit of "drama" that Mortensen would have exploited by making the tones dark. Although most of his photographs generally were of young women and those he printed as high key ones. OTOH, I should remember this is supposed to be a "passport" photograph and I think it meets that objective quite well. ;) Andrew Davidhazy - Serengeti lion - reminds me of Howard Leigh. ;) Andy