Re: paper sizes Was - Nikon Proud

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Dyer-Bennet"

: It has the benefit (?) that all the sheets are the same aspect ratio.
: That's a benefit for making different size prints of the same image --
: no recropping, and it always fits perfectly.  But perhaps a disadvantage
: if you like some variety in aspect ratio.
:
: It has the disadvantage that *all* the sizes are completely weird
: numbers (and they only approximate them to the nearest mm, I believe).
: How many pairs of figures like "210mm x 297mm" can *you* remember?

given photographers are all familiar with the square root of two and
knowing we start with one paper size it's not hard to work out ;)