Re: Reuters PS guidelines.

> But removing the power cable seems to me to be an
> order of magnitude
> less offensive than ...

<snip>

> ... news having slightly more of a cachet of "truth"
> about it.

I think you have described perfectly the general
acceptance about this matter. But here's the thing:
where do you draw the line, philosophically, legally,
or anything?

Besides, what if we never find out about a major
retouching?

As of reputation, I just watch as the news
broadcasters request for your pictures of a rampage
from anyone who caught it, ie with a cell phone. "You
be the reporter" - I can't shoot people on the
streets, but anyone can take a picture of me dying.

The point perhaps is that everybody, individuals, the
police and media corporations apply criteria as they
see fit. A cable or a basket ball, we shouldn't really
worry.

Respectfully,