Re: Double RANT! PICLI.COM

On Apr 15, 2007, at 1:47 PM, mlent@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello one and all,

I get a newsletter every day from the Kim Komando show, and recently they touted PICLI.COM as their featured site of the day. I went to the site, since it's a photo site, and to my surprise, found that they were encouraging people to post images that they nor the reader posting the image owned the copyright to. I sent the PICLI.COM staff a note, asking why it is that they allow work from professional photographers to be posted that they nor the poster owns the copyright to? This is the response I got:

We have a source feature where users can quote where they found their content, if that artist then comes forward and tells us they don't want their work on picli we will be quick to remove it.

Translation: We will continue to profit from someone else's work until the tell us they don't like us profiting from their work. You get the feeling they are trying to be the youtube of the digital photography world. But you are right, their time will come.

Dave
macaddicted