From: lea murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 1, 2007 11:04:37 PM
Subject: postcard exchange update

I have 22 confirmed participants in the postcard exchange. Yippie!

The deadline to sign up is FRIDAY!

To sign up, send me an email with your snail mail address ( lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ).

For those who may have missed it, following are the 'rules'.

Please be aware, this is intended to be a fun project...rules simply allow everyone to be on the same page.

1. If I don't have your mailing address, you can't participate (because no one will know where to send postcards)!

2. Several newbies did not understand that you must use your own photograph as the postcard. I made the assumption that was understood...my bad.

3. Postcards can be created however works best for you...in your darkroom, on the computer, at a lab. Last time some folks had images printed at a lab then just wrote on the back and put on a stamp. That is a very fine way to do this. You are totally up to your own creative limits about what goes on them and how you create them.

4. The cut-off for getting mailing addresses to me is NEXT FRIDAY. Not Saturday, not Sunday. FRIDAY. If I don't have it by then you are out this round. That gives everyone a week.

5. The mail date has not yet been determined but if you've sent me your address, consider yourself in and begin creating

6. I will have the complete list of participants and their mailing addresses posted no later than NEXT SUNDAY so you'll know the total number of cards to produce.

7. I am not going to break this down into smaller groups unless there are more than 30 participants.

8. Allow your conscience and creativity to dictate the content of your postcard images.

Lea

always stay connected to friends.