Re: Media Players

: I have a Windows Media Player, but also Real Player and Apple Quicktime.
: I want to keep only one. This might be a strange question -- because I
: can almost hear an it-depends-on-what-you-need reply, but which ones
: should go?

gomplayer or videolan

www.gomplayer.com
http://www.videolan.org/
both play broken files, part files and a raft of weird formats including
flv's and all both use their own codec pack without reference to junk
scattered elsewhere through the machine and both can be made portable o run
off a USB stick :)

VLC (videolan) is also available for mac and linux users