Re: Mark Lent, Marilyn, Shyrell

Why hard copy?

I think because one can use his or her tactile sense.  We get to touch and feel something the photographer touched and felt and having the post marks, signatures, addresses, etc., adds something to the experience, also.

Getting the postcard via the internet and printing it out on pristine paper just isn't the same.

I like to go to antique stores and look through the old sepia-toned and black and white photographs.  The creases and fingerprints just add to the mystique of the image.

Besides - it's just fun to get something exciting in my mailbox.

Marilyn