Re: Returning Members

Despite the difficulties we've had as a group in the past, this is still
one of the most cooperatively-operating groups I belong to! We really do try to make decisions as a group and satisfy the ideas of all of us when we decide to do something.
Nice thoughts, Emily and well put.  I enjoy this group tremendously, also.

Marilyn

Thanks Marylin and Emily,

I'm really glad you raised this project from the past.
Perhaps we could re-enact it.

As I recall, it was Luis (CHILLED DELIRIUM) who ran the project with a tight set of guidelines.

It was something of this sort:

1. Participants would send their name to Luis, along with their snail mail address. 2. A deadline was set for all participants to put in their name and join the project. 3. Luis then created groups of 10 people and sent each participant the list of their group members with their snail mail address.
4. Participants were allowed to join in more than one group.
5. The format (size) was agreed by all as the reference format to be used (eg Postcard format). 6. A deadline was set whereby each participant would send their card to each member of their group. 7. Those would failed to send their card by the deadline were sent to the underworld, to burn eternally...

This reads as an easy exercise. But, as many will recall, any sort of common intiative created, at the time, such a turmoil that it was essential these guidelines be agreed by all and applied with an iron fist.

Guy