RE: Why SLR's won't go beyond 10fps

might not be just in the firmware along... needs hardware implementation too... SONY has a 6.2 mp CCD that can do 60fps at fell res...

cheers
alfred

From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@xxxxx>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Why SLR's won't go beyond 10fps
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 01:19:46 +0100

Interesting note in the latest issue of C't (German
computermagazine):

The 1D mark-III could very well be made to go beyond 10fps, but Canon
decided not to implement/allow that, because the more than 10fps
classifies as motion-picture, and on many events the fee for shooting
is much higher for motion picture than for still photographers....:((

There you have it, technology crippled by moronic regulations.

And there goes our dream of a pellicle-mirror DSLR at twice that
speed....

Anyone seen this argument before?

I expect the global community to produce a software patch within a
month (I am mild today).

PS: my favorite way to look at this frame-rate is not frames-per-
second, but second-per-frame, allowing faster/limited short bursts as
well, in the context of bracketing (exposure, shutterspeed vs
aperture, flash-exposure, focus or even filmspeed).

--
Bye,

Willem-Jan Markerink

      The desire to understand