Re: Maybe I should flip a coin?

If one has a (for ease of math) 33mm to 100 mm lens, that would be acceptable. If the total length the lens can run out to, say 33mm to 200mm, the amount of "telephoto-ness" would be too great for acceptable sharpness throughout the range of the lens.

Does that make more sense? I never know, I sound ok to me, but, well, it's me. :)

On 2/26/07, Bob <w8imo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Robert Hall wrote:

> What about not using a telephoto that is 3x longer than the shortest
> focal length?
>
> Sharpness issues?

Huh?   Shortest focal length of what?  The entire lens line up?  That
would be uhhh, 42mm for Canon for example

Bob

--

                          /////
                         ( O O )